Weather situation update in Portsmouth at 8:00 PM:
Snow is expected to continue falling throughout the night. Travel is hazardous on all roads. Travel is not recommended.
- Portsmouth Public Schools are closed all day tomorrow, Wed Jan 22.
- The Portsmouth Multipurpose Senior Center will be closed all day tomorrow.
- Prudence Island Ferry 6:00 AM and 8:00 AM run are cancelled. Call the ferry office for information on other runs. At last word, the 10:00 AM ferry was still scheduled to run.
- A Snow Emergency Parking Ban remains in effect in Portsmouth until 10:00 PM Wed.
Here is the latest advisory from National Weather Taunton:
URGENT – WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA
7:19 PM EST TUE JAN 21 2014
…WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM EST
* LOCATIONS…MOST OF RHODE ISLAND.
* HAZARD TYPES…HEAVY SNOW.
* ACCUMULATIONS…SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 10 TO 14 INCHES.
* TIMING…SNOWFALL RATES OF 1 TO 2 INCHES PER HOUR ARE LIKELY AT
* IMPACTS…DIFFICULT TRAVEL DUE TO SNOW COVERED ROADS AND POOR
VISIBILITY AT TIMES.
* WINDS…NORTH 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 45 MPH.
TRAVEL SHOULD BE COMPLETED AT THIS TIME.