Be prepared to modify travel plans for Tuesday March 14. Stay tuned to local weather sources.
From the National Weather Service in Taunton:
URGENT – WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Taunton MA
514 PM EST Sat Mar 11 2017
…BLIZZARD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE MONDAY NIGHT THROUGH LATE TUESDAY NIGHT…
The National Weather Service in Taunton has issued a Blizzard
Watch, which is in effect from late Monday night through late
* LOCATIONS…Southern Rhode Island and east coastal Massachusetts from Boston to Plymouth.
* HAZARD TYPES…Heavy snow, strong winds, and reduced visibility.
* ACCUMULATIONS…Snow accumulation of greater than 6 inches
possible along drifting and blowing snow.
* TIMING…Tuesday and Tuesday night.
* IMPACTS…Rapid snow accumulation as well as blowing and
drifting snow. There may be scattered power outages.
* WINDS…Northeast 25 to 35 mph with gusts over 50 mph.
* TEMPERATURES…In the upper 20s.
* VISIBILITIES…One quarter mile or less at times.
A Blizzard Watch means there is a potential for considerable
falling and/or blowing snow with sustained winds or frequent
gusts over 35 mph, with visibilities below one quarter mile, for
at least 3 hours. Whiteout conditions will be possible, making
travel very dangerous. Be prepared to alter any travel plans.