Be prepared to modify travel plans for Thursday. Stay tuned to local weather outlets.
From the Nation Weather Service in Taunton:
URGENT – WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Taunton MA
251 PM EST Tue Feb 7 2017
…WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY EVENING THROUGH LATE THURSDAY NIGHT…
* LOCATIONS…Eastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
* HAZARD TYPES…Heavy snow.
* Accumulations…Snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches.
* TIMING…Snow will begin early Thursday morning and last through
much of the day before ending Thursday evening. Snow could fall
heavy at times and impact both the morning and evening commutes.
* IMPACTS…Hazardous travel due to snow covered roads and poor
visibilities. Blowing and drifting snow is possible.
* Winds…North 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow…sleet…or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts. Be prepared to modify
travel plans should winter weather develop.